I don't know why I've felt so frazzled and busy lately... I'm sure it is because of the move. It feels like I haven't been settled in a month but it has only been about two weeks! This weekend finally felt somewhat normal. Yesterday we spent the whole day at a marriage seminar held at Lampo by Joe Beam. (I always have the urge to say Jim Beam for some reason....) It was a really great and informative day. I can't wait to read his book, "The Love Path". The 1st part of the day was focused on love and marriage (queue married w/ children theme song) and the 2nd part of the day was on sex. Can I please tell you how awkward it is to be in a room full of your superiors talking about parts of the va-j-j and Mr. Happy? Yes, it was referred to as Mr. Happy once. It was sort of like being in sex ed class in junior high. Joe told us it was okay for him to talk about sex graphically because, like Dr. Ruth, he is too old for anyone to picture actually having sex. All kidding aside, Joe Beam is a very funny man!! Albeit awkward, sex is definitely an important thing to focus on in a healthy marriage. I loved the biblical principles that Joe weaved throughout the day. I highly recommend his marriage weekend to anyone who's marriage is in trouble and even to those who are doing just fine!
Last night it snowed! I think Mississippi got some too, but I'm going to post some pictures that were taken this morning anyway.


We got some good news last week too! Dan was one of three people in his company offered an outside adjuster position. So now he will actually be going to people's houses to inspect damage instead of sitting behind a desk all day. This new job will require some travel... usually once or twice a month. It should always be relatively local... mainly Tennessee. He didn't get a raise, but he will be paid extra for mileage and I know he will really enjoy getting out of the office! I'm so proud of him- he is such a hard worker and I love that his work sees that.
Well, I guess that is all for now! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL week!! Happy March!!!!!!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you had a normal weekend! I know how wonderful they feel. Wasn't the snow so pretty?
I can not tell you how many times I have referred to him as Jim Beam also! Craziness.
Thank you for introducing yourself to me!! I'm excited to have met you. Please forgive my husband for any inappropriate giggling coming from our direction yesterday!
You're so funny. Glad you enjoyed the conference. The snow pics are pretty! Ours didn't stick, but it was nice to watch...for about 5 seconds. We were headed to bed when we discovered it.
Mr. Happy... HILARIOUS! Sounds like a good seminar though! :) It's so cool that you work so hard (go to seminars, read books, etc.) to make your marriage a great one! It's such an awesome reminder that we all need to be constantly working to improve our marriages, even if they're already good. :)
Post a Comment