Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Pastry Garden @ Gordon Creek

We found this hidden gem in the heart of downtown Hattiesburg last week. I think it may just become a tradition for us! I love the fact that Dan has a flexible schedule at work now so he can pick me up for lunch every now and then. This is the first time since we've been married that we've been able to enjoy lunches together!



I really enjoy seeing him in the middle of the day... it is just the pick-me-up that I so often need! And it kinda feels like we're cheating in some way- going out to eat without a baby to tend to.

This restaurant used be called Gordon Creek Deli... anyway, the atmosphere is perfect. The walls are painted a pretty green color and they have a wonderful screened in patio to eat on when the weather is nice.

Wednesday their special is shrimp & grits! So southern!



They also have fantastic desserts! (Hence the name... pastry garden). And the best part? A cookie comes with your meal!

No comments: