Monday, March 22, 2010

Last Weekend & Next

This weekend was really good. Saturday was a day of recuperating after a long week. I pretty much sat on the couch with Caroline all day. It's funny how sleeping in until 9ish feels like sleeping in now, when a year ago 9:00 was relatively early! Saturday night Dan and I ate somewhere new (to us): The Magic Tomato. I ordered the Chicago Deep Dish pepperoni pizza and it was pretty fantastic. Afterwards, Caroline and I went to Target while Dan looked around Books a Million.

Sunday we got up and went to Temple Baptist. We still haven't found the best fit for us as far as church is concerned, so we're visiting a few places. It seems like the music portion is either a rock concert or super traditional. I'd love it if we could find something somewhere in the middle. After church we went to Cracker Barrel and then home. I had hoped to go buy some paint to redo my great-grandmother's mirror for Caroline's room, but it was just plain COLD outside so I asked Dan to take us home. For the rest of the afternoon I did laundry and straightened up the house. By 10:00 I was SICK AND TIRED of folding clothes! All in all, it was a good, balanced weekend of laziness and work.

Next weekend (yes it's Monday and I'm already wishing for next weekend) should be fun too! Saturday is Hubfest and it's supposed to be in the mid 70's so that should be a lot of fun! I also plan on visiting Duds for Doodlebugs sometime this week and maybe again on Saturday for their half priced sale. Hopefully I can find some good deals for Caroline!

No comments: