Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The D Word....

Daycare..... ***Deep sigh.....

Monday was little bit's first day of "school" as Dan calls it. I'm really glad my mom & his mom took care of Caroline for a week and a half before we had to take her to daycare. I think it has made this experience quite a bit easier on me because I was already (somewhat) adjusted to not being around her during the day. It has been a little easier doing this in stages like that. The daycare we use has a webcam that you can watch for 20 bucks more a month. The picture isn't nearly as clear as I had hoped... I can't even tell if she is crying because it's so fuzzy. Really, the only way I can tell which one is mine is the color of the outfit I put on her that morning. This is what I spend much of my day at work looking at:



No, that isn't the dirt on your screen or your bad contact lenses... the picture is really that fuzzy. Oh well, it is better than nothing. At least I can see when she is being fed or held. She had a little bit of a diaper rash on Monday when I got her home. It could be just a coincidence, but that was her first time to have it so I made sure to take some cream for them to use and I also mentioned it (very politely) to them. It drives me crazy to see her scheduled feeding time come and go without her being fed... but I know when they have so many babies it is impossible to keep them all on the right schedule. I don't know how more controlling mom's handle it-- I'm pretty laid back and it really irks me! I know it probably sounds like I'm just full of complaints, but I really am happy with the daycare so far. I guess I should say, as happy as possible.

This morning the ladies who keep the nursery commented how much she sleeps. This girl can sleep. I mean, A LOT! I'm definitely not complaining, but yesterday she had to have slept 20 out of 24 hours of the day. I just hope nothing is wrong with her... I'm sure she is fine, but I'm definitely going to ask our pediatrician about it.

That's all for now! I'm off to go pick up my little snuggle bunny!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I would be staring at that screen all day long and never get any work done! Haha. It is really fuzzy though. I'm sure it's hard as a new mom to give up some control of your baby. But you sound like you're doing a great job!