Friday, July 23, 2010

My Very First DIY Project!

Our bedroom is a mix-match of old furniture and hand-me-downs and I have been wanting a headboard/footboard for our bed for a while now but it just hasn't been in the budget. Earlier this week Dan was looking in an antique shop and found an old sleigh bed for 40 bucks! Pretty good for a king sized bed, huh!? Only problem is, the finish is in pretty rough shape so it definitely needs to be refinished. We're going to start on it this weekend. I really hope it turns out well! If we don't like the way it looks, we can always paint over it, right?!


So excited about that!!



As I was feeding Caroline yesterday she kept arching backwards to look at Daddy. I thought it was so funny I made him take a picture!
And this was my view. Ha!


About an hour ago Caroline fell asleep in her bouncy thing so I laid her down in her crib. She woke up a little but I figured she would go right back to sleep. I left and went to check on her about 10 minutes later and this is what I found:
She was just sitting in her crib playing quietly! How sweet is my girl!??

And to wrap up this post I'll share one of my most favorite pics of her to date! I took it last night while giving her a bath (obviously). Hope y'all have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Sissy said...

That bed is going to be Uh-mazing! I can't wait to see what it looks like in the AFTER.

You have one adorable baby. That bath picture is one for the books...you should totally enter that in some cute baby contest or something.

Also, I love the colors that you have chosen for the nursery. Pretty similar to what I have. Turquoise walls and I have pink and green bedding if we adopt a girl. I have boy bedding too, but I loved the turquoise color I picked out! Yours is also really nice.

Sissy said...

Okay, I also have to ask: what in the heck was someone doing that their bed ended up so roughed up? I mean, seriously! That is some major scratching.

Jennifer said...

Haha! The bed is pretty old and I think the varnish has just come off in places for some reason. Who knows... maybe it has seen a lot of action in its time. :) Thanks for the compliments! Can't wait to see your future nursery and little one!

Mamaleigh & Sydney J. said...

Love me some' S*C*H* aka Hiawatha ~

Mamaleigh said...

Does anyone else see Kate?

Mamaleigh said...

You are SO BLESSED!

Wilson said...

Good luck on the bed. Baby girl is precious! So photogenic!

Sweet T said...

That smile is so precious!!! And I love the decor in her room...so cute!

Project Life said...

Love the bath time pic! The bed is wonderful for $40 ... If the stain doesn't work, you could always paint it dark!? Either way, what a great find. Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures!

Katie said...

Jennifer, that picture of her in the bath is adorable! one you need to keep forever!

Nikki... said...

Seriously, HOW CUTE are the bubbles on her head?! lol, she is so cute, Jen. And HAPPY FRIDAY! Good luck with school and the new daycare situation!