Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Our little family has some big changes coming up in the next two weeks. I have been talking about going back to school all summer and it is almost time! My last day of work is next Friday and I start school right away - on Monday the 9th. I am so ready for a fresh start and a change of scenery.  =)

In other news, a few weeks ago we met a sweet family that lives on the street behind us. My coworker goes to church with them and they introduced us because we're neighbors and have been visiting their church for a while now. The mom stays at home and has a 4 year old and an 8 month old. Her 4 yr old is starting preschool in the fall so she has been wanting to keep another child during the day. I have always wanted a stay-at-home mom situation for Caroline and this family is so very sweet. So, all of that is to say that Caroline will no longer be going to daycare. The same day that I start school, Caroline will be at the Johnson's instead of daycare! I am very excited and I'm really hoping it will all work out perfectly!

Of course that means I won't be able to check up on her like I do now while I'm at work and we are actually really going to miss some of the people we've met at daycare. Caroline has made little friends in her class and the older she gets the more the daycare workers love her. When I told them we were leaving they said "Well we don't like that.... Caroline is a preferred customer!" I thought that was kinda funny!

(Caroline is at the bottom left in this pic... eating lunch!)

Caroline is eating pretty well for the most part. Still not a huge fan of peas and I found out last night that she HATES peaches. I guess because they are tart or strong tasting. Who knows! Anyway, she takes 4 bottles a day (6 or 7 ounces each time). She eats fruit for lunch and for dinner she eats half a container of fruit and half a veggie (sometimes a whole veggie) with some cereal or oatmeal. She has really started crawling well over the last week or so! Last night I was sitting on the ground with her in front of me and every time I put her down she would crawl to me. I would pick her and rock her against my chest and say "loooove, love, love!" and then put her back on the ground and she'd crawl right back up to my lap. So sweet! With this new mobility has come a few "uh-ohs". My heart just breaks for her when she hurts herself. I guess I need to be watching her much closer now that she can travel so easily! =) Either watch her like a hawk or put her in something safe that she can't do too much harm in. We used to use a bouncy seat when I was getting ready for work in the mornings but now this walker is doing the trick for us.


That's all for now! Happy almost Friday!

2 comments:

Project Life said...

Lot of exciting new changes ... I am looking forward to hearing about school. I wish I had taken college more seriously, but I had fun, and in the end, graduated, so I guess that's all that matters! Can't wait to hear all about your exciting changes and how they work out!

Sissy said...

Any progress on the bed? I'm waiting for pictures!