How's that for a hodge podge title?
The weekend before last Caroline and I headed to Mobile to visit Wren. We always enjoy our time together and this weekend was no exception. Wren cut my hair and I paid her in ice cream... because, well, I'm an awesome friend like that. Then I gifted her husband Allan with a hysterical baby at Olive Garden. I'm sooo much fun to be around these days! :)
This past weekend was pretty uneventful. We had planned on going to the pool but it's been raining a lot here lately so we were pretty much lazy all weekend. We did get some cleaning done on Sunday which was nice. We're getting to the point where Caroline has a bunch of toys so we need a toy box in the living room and one in her room so we can easily clean up each day. Caroline is doing well and eating a new food pretty much every 4 days or so now. So far she has eaten almost everything I've given her... but she definitely doesn't love peas or green beans. Oh how I hope she doesn't have an aversion to green foods like I do! :(
Warning: She gags in the video below. If you can't handle that I would recommend skipping the video.
Tonight we went to Chick-fil-a for dinner & Caroline sat in a highchair for the first time! We sat her in one at another place a couple of weeks ago but she kind of slid down into an uncomfortable slouch. She did much better today and I kept telling Dan "look how big she is!!" She is sitting up so well now. It's like over night she went from only sitting by propping her self up with her hands and now she sits up without propping herself up!
In other news, the countdown is ON!! 2 weeks & 4 days left of work!! Can you tell I am elated?!? I start a week long "mini-session" at USM on 8/9 and then the regular semester starts a week and a half later. I'm going to try and take 19 hours this fall so that in the spring I'll only have 12 hours to complete.
Anyway, it's almost 10 and that means it's momma's bedtime!! :)
Blurs and Monsters
8 years ago


6 comments:
Mix em. HB doesn't like zucchini but he loves sweet potatoes so we put a cube of zucchini in with the sweet potato and heavy on the sweet potato. Caroline won't know the difference and she'll eat her green veggies. You can mix the peas with a fruit like peaches or bananas and it will cover the taste.
I make my own baby food so I can dictate what he eats and stuff. We haven't introduced peas yet, but he's eaten rice cereal, peaches, bananas, zucchini, and sweet potatoes. I think that we'll try carrots and peas (I haven't decided which first) after he finishes off the tray of peaches. I make a batch and put them into ice cube trays. It's really no biggie.
Right now we're getting over constipation so I've slowed down on what I'm introducing him to. Too much rice and I even heard apples can back up their system.
Oh and cool about the sitting up. HB has been rolling around all over the place lately. It's been nice because I don't have to get toys that he's thrown for him anymore.
Toooo cute!! Love it!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog today. :-) So glad my crazy kiddos cracked you up. :-) Your little one is adorable!! I second Deltaflute... mix her peas/beans and whatnot with a bit of applesauce or sweet potato... I cooked/blended/ice cube tray froze my own so I could blend them up like that. It takes an average of 19 tries to get a kid to like and eat something that they don't start out liking, weird, huh? They grow so fast... you'll be turning around to her jumping off the kitchen table before you know it. :-)
Go Caroline! Sitting up all by herself!!! She's adorable as always. Maybe one of these days I might actually see her in person.
I had to skip the video as I have been sickly and fear that gagging might send me over the edge! ha! :) But that baby is stinkin' cute and I miss my days of having just ONE baby at home! ah. . . . the glory days . . . :)
Post a Comment