Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Catch up

I hate to say that my blog may be suffering through this summer class... but it is last on my list after family, school and housework. My class (biology) is going well so far. I had my first test tonight and I'm pretty sure I made a B so I'm happy with that. It has been really hard being away from Caroline for so long on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I was a wreck the first couple of weeks.... I get home at about 9 at night and just hold and love her. She reaches her sweet hand up and explores all over my face... there is nothing like it.

A few weeks ago Caroline and I went to the beach with Gommy, Mom & Walt. We had a blast! The weather was perfect and I decided that May is the only acceptable time to go to the beach! Luckily, we went before any oil was spotted in FL. My heart just breaks over this oil spill disaster. To see such a beautiful creation ruined by human hands just kills me... and I saw a picture of a pelican completely covered in oil yesterday and I had to stop myself from crying. I cannot handle the thought of innocent animals suffering. Anyway, here are a couple of pics from our very fun trip.

Caroline did as well as can be expected on the beach. I put her feet in the water a couple of times but it was a little cold at first so I didn't want to put her whole body in and shock her. I forgot her sunglasses at home so I was worried it was too bright outside for her... even under the umbrella. We only stayed out for an hour or so at a time and got lots of naps in!

Over the Memorial day weekend we visited with Dan's parents. We had a good time and I had plenty of time to take lots of good pictures! (Dan's office got a new camera and they told us to feel free to use it at home. It takes wonderful pictures so I've been a picture taking fool ever since he brought it home!)  




Yesterday Caroline was 5 months old. So hard to believe! I pulled out the rest of Caroline's 6 month clothes  and I'm amazed at how well they fit. She is such a big girl! She rolled over for the first time (that I know of) while we were at Dan's parents house. Since then she rolls around constantly!! We started giving her a little rice cereal last week and she seems to be taking it pretty well. We're only giving it to her once or twice a day but occasionally she'll be too hungry to mess with it and I end up giving her a bottle. Here are pictures from our first meal:


I'll wrap this up with a video of her squeaking at me. She does this every now and them randomly and I think it's hilarious!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Looks like you have had some fun adventures lately!

Sissy said...

What a cutie you have! I'm glad she had a fun time at the beach.

Kristine Neeley said...

love these updates. the squeaking is SO CUTE!!

:)

p.s. the night sky/star pictures were thanks to a sturdy tripod, high iso, and long exposure :)

Anonymous said...

I love all these pictures! You have to let me know when you're coming back to visit. I'd love to meet her and take her out for a cupcake ;)