Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

Last week Dan was home Tuesday night through Sunday morning. I'm always amazed at how fast it feels "normal" to have him here again. I was surprised at how having him here made me realize that I actually do get lonely when he is gone... I just don't realize it until he is here! Sunday when I got home the house was SO quiet- and still is. He is coming home FOR GOOD in a little over two weeks, on December 16th and I'm so ready. Here is a not so great picture of us taken on Thanksgiving:

The lady in the picture below needs a tan and some lipstick! ( ;


Dan worked his entire vacation putting up beadboard in Caroline's room and it looks SO good. It was so time consuming and more expensive than I expected!


Now that the work is done, I can easily say it was worth it!!

Dan's parents drove down for Thanksgiving and we really enjoyed having them here! After lunch I put up the tree and I think it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself! I have really enjoyed shopping for and putting up Christmas decorations this year.





I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow... it's hard to believe we will be parents in about 6 weeks! It was so nice to have Dan home so he could feel Caroline really kick, hiccup, and move around. She has really started getting cramped... I can tell because my belly changes into all kind of weird shapes! Last night I had the worst case of acid reflux EVER! I woke up at least every other hour and tums wasn't helping at all. Once I even woke up gagging & coughing. Not fun at all. I hope that isn't a regular occurrence! Maybe I need to start sleeping sitting up! Yeesh! I guess that's all for now! I hope y'all have a great week!

4 comments:

Sweet T said...

You look great! I know you will be elated when Dan gets to come home for good. The room looks awesome!

Amy said...

I'm so glad he's heading back for good pretty soon. I've hated you being there without him all this time. Wish we lived closer. :( I hope you can get comfortable in the home stretch with Caroline and get some good sleep. Sorry about all the reflux, etc. That's the less-than-glowing part of pregnancy! Have I mentioned (today) that I can't wait to meet that sweet girl?

Can't wait to see ya' Friday! And the kids are excited, too!

Gray Photography - Zach and Jody - Nashville Wedding Photography said...

awww I love the room and you look so darn CUTE!!!!!!!!

Carrie said...

Ok, her room is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see you this weekend! I'm checking to see when would be best. I tagged you on my blog, but I think you already did this a while back, so if you don't want to do it again it's fine :o)