My mom said to me today "You're getting a new job, a new house, and a new baby... what else needs to change!?" That is so true... I'm very excited about all of these changes, but they're so overwhelming (especially all at once)!!
Friday I drove to Hattiesburg for 2 interviews and to look at some houses. My SIL went with me and I'm so glad she did! I would have been LOST in H'burg without her! Both interviews went really well... one was with Trustmark Bank and the other was with Forrest General Hospital. I felt more comfortable with the Trustmark people and they really seem like they want me! They're waiting on my drug test & background test to come back so hopefully I will have a definite answer on that this week! I cannot tell y'all how I constantly worried about finding a job and then about telling them that I'm pregnant. I decided I did want to tell them up front because I didn't want to start a job and surprise anyone with the news that I'll be out for 2 or 3 months beginning in January. I really expected silence or shocked faces when I told the interviewers but the 2 men interviewing me just smiled really big and both said "Well congratulations!!!!". Definitely not the response I was expecting-- such a relief!
After the interviews Amy and I went with my realtor and looked at several homes for sale! I liked almost every house we looked at but finally settled on a new construction in a really nice neighborhood. We are going under contract this week!!! Right now it looks like I'll probably move down there around September 3rd and I'll start work on the 14th (assuming Trustmark works out).
In other news, we find out FRIDAY if we're having a baby boy or a baby girl! I'm so excited!!!!! Most people (including me) think boy, but my Gommy did the ring test this weekend and it said girl. If you've never heard of it, the ring test is where you put your wedding ring on a string and someone else dangles it over your belly and if it swings back and forth it's a boy... if it swings in a circle its a girl. I think my mom and maybe Lauren are coming into town later this week to go to the sonogram with me. It's going to be a lot of fun!! :) I guess I'll post on Friday when I know for sure if we'll be buying lots of pink or blue!! I can't believe it's this close!
Blurs and Monsters
8 years ago


2 comments:
How exciting!! I'll be praying that you get the job! Can't wait to see pictures of your new house and I REALLY can't wait to hear the news Friday!! :o)
I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY!! I'm sooo wanting to come up there. :( I had a great time in H'burg and am so happy for y'all. Much love.
Post a Comment