So... a few (seemingly) smaller things have happened this week that I'd like to share with you. Earlier this week we got an email saying that marriage expert Jimmy Evans was in visiting with one of our EVPs and that he left us with a bunch of FREE stuff! Now, you know that this Dave Ramsey-ite LOOOOOOVES free! Especially free marriage stuff! My husband doesn't "get" why I have this huge interest in marriage advice/books/seminars and I really just believe that a marriage requires a lot of skill and that you don't just fall into a great marriage by accident! Anyway I snagged a few things that Mr. Evans left for us... but my favorite was this:
I cannot WAIT to start doing these devotionals with Dan. I think it will be really great because they're short and they're designed to do once a week. If you'd like to learn more about Jimmy Evans, visit his website here I haven't started reading any of his materials but I can't wait to start!Another thing that I'm looking forward to on the same topic, is a one day seminar with Speaker/Author Joe Beam! He came and spoke at one of our devotionals recently and I really loved what he had to say. I also like how comfortable I felt with this guy... he was just very "real". His website is: http://www.joebeam.com/. Dave is providing this one day seminar to employees and covering the cost for us!
Another wonderful thing happened to me this week. I work in our ELP department and so I was talking with an Agent in Colorado that was interested in becoming one of our endorsed agents for our real estate program. After we went over the details of the program he said, "Even if I never hear back from anyone about becoming an ELP I want you to know how much Dave Ramsey has done for my life..." He went on to tell me that his daughter, niece, and two grandkids live at home with him and his wife. I asked him if he had taken Financial Peace University and he told me that he was reading The Total Money Makeover but couldn't afford FPU. This man was so nice and genuine that I decided that I'd send him an FPU kit out of my employee benefit (Dave gives us a certain number of dollars to spend on merchandise for friends and family). He was overwhelmed and so grateful! This was the first time I have been able to give a kit to a complete stranger and I think it might have blessed me more than him! He told me "You don't even know how much I appreciate this... I'm a 50 year old man and I've got tears in my eyes!!" God is SO good and I am so thankful he allowed me to intersect with this man's life at that moment. :) It definitely made my heart smile!
All of this is to say that God is blessing me in my personal life... and my company. Dave is so generous with us and I hope that I never get used to all the blessings we receive there.


5 comments:
Okay, I seriously got tears in my eyes just thinking about him getting tears in his eyes. That was SO great of you to do and it will make such a difference in their lives... Lampo is not just a gift to it's audiences either... it's such an incredible gift to the employees, like you said, and from my perspective - their spouses and families too!
That is so sweet! I probably would've started crying on the phone. Any time a grown man cries in my presence, I almost can't bear it. It's just amazing to see someone be so vulnerable, I guess.
It's awesome that you received such an unexpected blessing, as did he! So glad you're my sis! :) Love ya!
Aww - I love hearing how wonderful God is :)
Quite an amazing story. I love giving Dave's books away, but I wish the people that I'm giving them too wanted them as much as this guy sounds like he wanted that class. I Usually end up having to coerce them to read it. Wish I could work for Dave too, sounds like a great place. My company is a great place to work, but we sell debt for a living so I have a hard time morally with it (but I'm in technology so I don't get too involved with that part of the business.) Give your technology team a "thumbs up" for me, they do a great job. - Chris, Metro Detroit, MI area.
Yay, I found your blog! That's so awesome about the man that you were able to give the FPU kit to. That is such a blessing. I wish my job could be filled with more of those!
Post a Comment