Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Our New Normal

I wrote this a long time ago but didn't finish. Now Taylor Grace is 9 months old and I'm just gonna go ahead and hit the publish button...

Taylor Grace is 9 weeks old now and I've been back at work for 3 weeks.

The weekdays are exhausting... I wake up at 6:30 and it's pretty much a race to get out the door in time for work. I work all day and then pick the girls up from daycare and then head home, feed them bath them, clean bottles (UGH!!), and put them down for bed. I pretty much immediately go to bed myself and then repeat the cycle all over again the next day.

I don't feel like I've had any time to hold Taylor Grace in the mornings so I hate leaving her... I'd like to just sit and hold her for a while. She is still getting up for a bottle in the middle of the night but last night she went over 8 hours! I've just got to time that last bottle right and we'll have a full nights' rest!

Last weekend I learned that Taylor Grace likes it when I blow raspberries. She gives me the sweetest little smile. I can't wait until she laughs!

Caroline has really started adjusting well. She definitely needs daycare and that social interaction she gets all week with her friends. I was going crazy at home with her because she is constantly wanting someone to play with her. She loves Taylor Grace and is such a good little mama to her! Whenever Taylor fusses, Caroline asks that we turn on lullabies. Caroline rushes to Taylor's side to put her paci in or to bounce or swing her (we just have to watch carefully because Caroline can get carried away!) Last night Caroline wanted to hold Taylor Grace and she was wiggling quite a bit. Dan told her she had to be still if she was holding Taylor and Caroline said "ok, I'm done holding her."

No comments: