Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Life as a family of 4

This was written in January - just now publishing it.

Adding another baby to the mix has been QUITE the ride! Taylor Grace needs more attention than Caroline did as a baby, but she is still a really good baby! She is usually content as long as she's being held or as long as I'm sitting next to her making faces and talking to her. Our house pretty much stays a mess and I'm learning to be okay with that.

Taylor Grace is almost 5 months old now and still hasn't rolled over! I think it has a lot to do with the fact that she doesn't get much time on the floor. She still sleeps mostly in the rock-&-play... she will soon outgrow it and I'm dreading the time when I can't just move her from her crib to the rock-&-play because she normally will go right back to sleep. I've told myself I'll start her on baby foods at 5 months and that's just about a week away.

Caroline is a great big sister. She still can be a little rough and get too close to Taylor Grace's face. I think she is just so in love with her and excited to play with her. I really can't wait for the two of them to be able to play together!

1 comment:

Mamaleigh said...

I am ESTATIC that you, Dan & Caroline have this precious Taylor Grace "in your house".....I know how you longed for her, prayed for her and God answered in such a magnificent way......with her......The house work and dirty dishes will WAIT, don't expend anymore mental energy worrying about how it looks or whether it's messy....its gonna be messy for AT LEAST 18 years or so.....& let those SOCKS STAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR.......spend time with your babies, teaching, loving, talking, making faces, laughing, and explaining how much God and you love them.......You'll NEVER EVER regret it. I praise God for you and the PERSON & Mother you are....You are to be commended for ALL YOU DO..... Caroline and Taylor couldn't be more blessed to have you for a mother......You are so precious and I love you so ~