Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Schoooools... out... for... the summah!!

Or winter... whatever...         

I made 5 A's and 2 B's! MUCH better than I expected! I had pretty much convinced myself a B is as good as its going to get with me being a mommy and a student at the same time. The semester really did go by quickly... I cannot wait to get next semester over with so I can start earning some moo-lah again!! I can't believe I'm actually going to graduate in 5 months!

I've been home with Caroline now for about a week and I really have been enjoying all this extra time with her and having a taste of stay-at-home-mommyhood. I have been getting a little bored/lonely/stir crazy from not leaving the house so I've started cleaning out our guest room (REALLY needs it) and I pretty much make it a point to leave the house every day even if its just to go to the dollar store. I haven't had a hard time coming up with errands to run. I finished Redeeming Love and I LOVED it! Now I'm looking for other good books to read and enjoy on my break! Pretty please leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite books are. I've already read the Twilight series (soooooooo good). I'll like pretty much any kind of book except westerns! Ha!

Here's a pic of what I caught Caroline doing yesterday

(I know... not the safest thing... I took them away right after I snapped a picture.)
She also screams bloody murder if I buckle her in her stroller or shopping cart while I'm in a store but stands up like a stunt devil if I don't buckle her in. Any tips there?

We saw Santa at the library a week or so ago... she hated him.


That's all for now! Let me know about some good book recommendations and if you have any advice on my little stunt devil!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Ha ha! I love the picture of Caroline with Santa. Too cute.

And, CONGRATS on your fantastic semester!! Way to go!!

Carrie said...

I hear you on needing to get out of the house everyday! I LOVE being a SAHM but I go crazy when I don't get out!

If you liked Redeeming Love, you should read The Mark of the Lion series. They're by Francine Rivers, too, and I LOVED them. Maybe even a little more than Redeeming Love?

Deltaflute said...

Hugh actually wouldn't sit in a shopping cart when he was a newbie. We don't own a stroller so I wouldn't know if he would like that. I ended up using a wrap and keeping him literally tied to me while out running errands and grocery shopping. He loved it and would often fall asleep. Now that he's older he tolerates being in the shopping cart. Maybe it's because he's sitting upright and can look around 360.

I'm not sure how Caroline would like to be worn. A friend of mine tried it with her daughter who was older almost 2 at the time and she freaked out. But it will keep her from squirming and if you go shopping shortly before a nap after her tummy's full she'll get real drowsy and be easier to handle.

Although if you're still planning to try the stroller (a wrap costs like 30 dollars), then I would suggest the opposite. I would take her shopping after she wakes up and has had a snack. Then feed her a bigger meal when you get done. It's helps when unloading the groceries and putting them away. I give Hugh crackers until I'm done.

Hope it helps!

Project Life said...

Love love love the Santa picture!

Congratulations on your excellent grades! I am very impressed!

Kathryn Taylor said...

"Chasing Fireflies" and "The Help" are both good books I just finished, but if you can get any more by Francine Rivers, they are all good. I LOVE her Mark of the Lion series.

Nicholas Sparks books are all easy reading and good, too.

I'm Erin. said...

I agree with Carrie that The Mark of the Lion series is excellent!
Congrats on being so close to finishing school!