Thursday, February 25, 2010

7 Weeks Young

As of 3:10 this morning, Caroline was 7 weeks old! She was 10 1/2 lbs at her 6 week check up last week (50th percentile for weight & 90th percentile for height!) She is drinking about 4 1/2 oz every 4 hours and sleeps over 7 hours a night (most nights).

I love watching her kick her little legs out one at a time. She started smiling at around 5 weeks and if you can get her to focus on your face, you're pretty much guaranteed a precious smile!



The rest of this week has been much, much better than the beginning of it and I'm so thankful for that. I am sad when I really think about it though, because really, how can she know me and remember me if I'm gone from her 11 hours out of every day? If only I would have known how I feel now, I would have been saving for this a long time ago so that I could stay home with my little rose bud. My Gommy has called her rose bud a few times and I think it's so sweet.

That's all for now! The weekend is almost here!!! (Insert 'finally friday' song here!)

3 comments:

Nikki... said...

Oh my gosh, Jen, I love that smile and I especially love that sweet moment between her and her Daddy. So cute.

Kristine said...

She has my heart :)

p.s. thanks for the sweet comment on the blog the other day!

Amy said...

That's it. I'm on my way! I love this video!! I love the subject more, of course. :) Give that sweet girl lots of kisses from Aunt Amy!

Oh, and by the way...she WILL know you. Never, ever doubt that.