Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Test Results

Last week I had my glucose test and my results came back too high so I went this week to have the 3 hour glucose tolerance test done. Let me just tell you, being stuck with a needle 5 times in a matter of 3 hours is NOT fun! I look like a druggie with all these holes in my arms. Anyway, I got the results back today and they were too high again. My doctor is out of town so I haven't had a chance to have a good talk with an MD but it basically looks like I've got gestational diabetes. Cuss!!!!

Now, I know there are MUCH worse things that can go wrong but it's so hard eating a low carb diet! EVERYTHING has carbs... even healthy stuff!! I feel like I need a meal planner. Then throw the fact that I'm super picky on top of that and it just makes things more complicated. One of the most upsetting things about this is that over half of the people who have gestational diabetes develop full blown diabetes later on in life. This just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?!??

Anyway enough of that stuff. I'm 28 weeks and the baby weighs over 2 lbs now! It's crazy to think she is that big and that she could probably survive on her own if born right now! I love feeling her move and watching my stomach jump at night before bed. :) This week her eyes are open and she'll blink in response to light. So neat! I got another big part of my nursery in (ordered it off the internet) and my Mom may be coming this weekend to help me put it up so I hope to have updated pictures of the nursery then!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry to hear about your test results! But very glad to hear baby Henry is healthy!

Amy said...

Boo for gestational diabetes. Maybe it isn't so...

Can't wait to see the new purchase in action! Y'all have fun!

Carrie said...

Aw, Jennifer, I'm sorry to hear that! I know that must be discouraging, but you are so right that it's not the worst thing in the world. I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well with baby Caroline! (That is her official name, right??)