Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I want one of these...



Yes... I know it is entirely too early to actually hear my baby's heartbeat with this thing... and even when I am further along, it doesn't get very good reviews... but I will definitely be buying one eventually to see for myself.

update: I knew y'all would say it doesn't work... :p
Tina made a great suggestion on something she tried. I signed up to rent a fetal doppler and it should be coming in the next few days. Keep your fingers crossed that it works for me as well as it did for Tina! :)

Well, I don't have a whole lot of interesting things to blog about because, to be honest, things are pretty boring without my Dan Man here. Week nights are fine and I almost enjoy all the "me" time. Weekends, however, are another story. It is way too quiet and lonely here on Saturdays and Sundays! It's just depressing that I don't really have any big plans on those days (except for church... which I'm so glad I have because otherwise I might stay in my PJs all weekend long). I just keep counting down the days & weeks until my next doctors appointment (June 30th) and until I get to fly to see Dan! I'm taking a 3 day trip to Jacksonville on the weekend of July 4th and I can't WAIT! We had our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday and my Mom & Gommy decided to treat us by paying for my plane tickets... that was a HUGE help.

Well, I guess that's all for now! I need to go to sleep now! Goodnight friends!

4 comments:

Sweet T said...

I don't recommend buying that one. It doesn't pick up anything at all!!! We ended up taking it back to Walmart. I'll email you with info on the fetal heart monitor I ended up getting.

Amy said...

I was going to say the same thing, except thankfully, we borrowed one (so no returning to Wal-Mart). Happy belated wedding anniversary! The plane tickets are a sweet gift!

Wilson said...

I agree with Amy and Tina...don't buy that one. You can't hear anything but your own heartbeat with that thing.

Carrie said...

I totally wanted one of those too... but then I figured that if I wasn't able to pick up her heartbeat it would just send me frantically racing to the doctor. I was worried they would laugh and tell me I didn't know what I was doing. It would be so neat to be able to hear your baby's heartbeat whenever you wanted though :o)