Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My lack of emotional stability....

Well... I have a funny story to tell. This morning Dan and I were going back and forth about something I can't remember but I do remember calling him a pansy girl. Obviously, being the manly man that he is, he didn't like that too much. He decided the proper punishment would be to hit me several times with a pillow. (I was still laying in bed while he was up getting ready for work.) Well... after about the 3rd blow I decided I didn't like that anymore and began to sob uncontrollably. It was the most random and weird thing that has ever happened! It hurt a little... but certainly not bad enough to cry like I was. Dan stood there looking oh so confused for minute trying to see if I was faking. But the tears proved I was really being that dramatic. I continued to cry until he let me slap him in the face. :) That made everything better and I was laughing and crying at the same time. I guess this is my first case of pregnancy emotional roller coaster! Whoo! It was very interesting but makes for a funny story. Despite how it may sound, I promise we're not a violent couple... we really do love each other!

Well... tomorrow night we're leaving for Mississippi for Dan's cousin's wedding and we're going to tell his parents our news Friday night! So exciting!! I can't wait to see his family (especially Kate and Bryce) and my family too. Then, my first sonogram is a week from Friday (on the 14th). I'm soooo looking forward to that because, naturally, I worry a lot about how things are going in there. I haven't experienced a lot of symptoms lately so I just can't wait to see that heart beating and know everything is fine. We're probably going to be dropping poor Roscoe off at my Mom's this weekend... for good. I feel so bad... I feel really bad for Shelby because she is going to be by herself every day and 8 hours is a long time with no friends... but we'll all have to get over it. It will ease a lot of stress and make room for our baby. Dan and I joked about telling Dan's parents they would have to take Roscoe (apparently he has a history of finding animals and making his parents take care of them). I'm sure they would think that is hilarious--- NOT! Anyway, that is all for now. I'm off to finish a paper!

5 comments:

Katie said...

I can't wait to hear how telling the family went!

Anonymous said...

Congrats girl! I am so glad we are preggo at the same time :)

Anonymous said...

my oh my! my BABY is having a BABY!!!!!

Amy said...

So glad to see y'all! I always enjoy getting to hang out. Thanks for going with me to "get my Newk's on"! hee, hee. Oh, yeah...have I mentioned (today) that I CAN'T WAIT FOR THANKSGIVING!!"?

Carrie said...

Yay, a baby blog!! I'm so happy for you. Motherhood is the hardest thing I have ever done, but it's also the sweetest by far. You're going to be a great mommy. :o)