Thursday, November 4, 2010

Here goes a not fun post.... we found out Tuesday that baby Henry had no heartbeat. I ordered a doppler and got it a little over a week ago. I knew it would be a little early to hear the heartbeat, but I heard Caroline's around 10 weeks (if I'm remembering correctly) so I hoped I would be able to do the same with this baby. I searched several times for the heartbeat over the last week and wasn't able to find anything. I really wasn't that worried but I made an appointment anyway just to be safe. Dan went with me and the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat with his doppler (no surprise there). He said since the baby is still so small, this is normal. He sent us to the sonogram lady and when she did the ultrasound I knew pretty quickly. The sad part was that you could see baby... but no flickering or beating heart. Baby measured about 8 weeks so I guess his or her heart stopped beating about 2 weeks ago.

Dan and I are handling it well, as we did with our first miscarriage... but it is still very sad. I've wondered a few times if we will see this baby and our first in heaven one day. It makes you wonder what the purpose is behind it all, but I know we just can't understand everything here on earth.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Jennifer, I'm so sorry to read this. I have no words, but I will keep you and Dan in my prayers and you go through this sad and confusing time.

Project Life said...

I am so sorry Jennifer ... I know it is difficult to understand. I am praying for you and Dan.

Nathalie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jennifer. Your family is in my thoughts.

Sissy said...

I'm so sad for you. I've never been through this, but I'm told our failed adoption feels similar. I'm glad to know you are dealing with it okay. I wish I was there to give you a hug.

Deltaflute said...

I always have a tough time knowing what to say in situations such as these. Since I've never miscarried (that I'm aware of), I have no idea what you both must be feeling. Whatever you need to hear or need to be done, let me know. I leave you with my condolences but I'm sure that it's not enough.

Unknown said...

Jennifer, my thoughts and prayers are with you. You are so strong, and your hopeful attitude is such an encouragement to others. With that said, I am so very sorry for your loss. Keep those eyes turned upward; He is faithful.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Jennifer. I'm saying a prayer for you and Dan.

-Natalie

I'm Erin. said...

I'm a little late on this, but I'm so sorry to read the news :(

Hope things are getting a little easier for you and your husband.