Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Old Pictures

We went to Jackson last weekend to visit with our families and had a good time. Friday night and Saturday we spent relaxing at Dan's parents house. His mom cooked breakfast casserole Saturday morning and it is my favorite! I definitely ate more than I should have. Saturday night C & I went to dinner with my mom, Gommy & Walt at the Parker House. I had the best steak ever... it was so flavorful! After dinner, we were visiting at Gommy's house and I remembered that I've been wanting to get some copies of old pictures she had so that I can frame them for my house. I grabbed an album and a framed picture and I'm planning on getting them duplicated this week. I thought I'd share with y'all...

This is of my Gommy & Poppy in the Grove at Ole Miss around 1950:

And this is on their wedding day in 1951. My great grandmother sewed her wedding dress.

I love looking at old pictures and even more so if they are pictures of my Gommy!  ( ;


On another (less optimistic) note Caroline is still sick and has new symptoms. I'm starting to wonder if she will ever be well again!! Over the weekend she developed a pretty serious cough. Last night she began inhaling after coughing a few times and I got so worried that it is whooping cough. I'm still not sure today, but she hasn't made that sharp inhaling sound since last night. I spoke to a nurse who seemed to blow it off... she said a runny nose can cause coughing like that. (A runny nose is also a symptom of whooping cough. Fabulous.) I am thankful for the insurance we have... it is really good, but that $20 copay really adds up when you visit the Dr several times a month! Of course I would pay anything to have my baby well, but I wonder if I'm just being a silly "new mom" and worrying over something minor. Please keep us in your prayers....

2 comments:

Wilson said...

Love the old pics...especially the one of them in the Grove. Don't you just love when nurses blow you off. Unfortunately, this is something you'll experience quite often as a new mother. Hope Caroline feels better soon.

Becca said...

If you're a "silly new mom" then so am I! I think you're smart to visit the dr. if you're not sure! That $20 is worth it for your peace of mind!!