Caroline is really a good baby! The first week she slept basically around the clock. Now we're noticing more awake time and trying to make that during the day instead of at 10 pm or 5:30 am (like we had this morning). We're trying to finish reading Baby Wise so we can get her on some sort of a schedule! She pretty much is on a schedule, (eats 3 oz every 4 hours) but poor baby hasn't had enough dirty diapers lately so we're going to try decreasing the amount of formula and increasing how often we feed her (more like 2 oz every 3 hours). Her umbilical cord fell off 2 days ago... I can't believe she is already a week old!
It's ironic how at one moment I feel like I'm neglecting her for letting her cry for 5 minutes... and the next I feel like I'm spoiling her rotten for holding her to let her fall asleep. It's such a fine line!!! But really, who could resist this face?!


4 comments:
JUST BEAUTIFUL! And spoil her! Hold her as much as you can. This gal certainly did and I don't regret a second of it. So glad things are going so well and you are getting into a routine with her schedule. Amy took some great pics at the hospital. I'm sure you'll have no shortage of photo shoots in your future!
I clicked on your blog from a friend's blog list because of that precious new baby's face that was showing beside your blog! Congrats!!
I have to agree with Tina- I was worried with my first about "spoiling him" by letting him sleep in my arms and didn't do it as much as I wish I would have now. There will be plenty of time for her to sleep in her crib- enjoy those newborn little naps in your arms!! I did with my second and loved every minute of it!
Oh, Jenn...she's beautiful! Enjoy those precious moments. They go by so fast. And don't worry...the no-sleep thing will be over before you know it.
SO SWEET! Aubrey took all of her naps in my arms for the first 2 months of her life (high-maintenance baby, that one!). She now sleeps perfectly great in her crib. I wouldn't worry about spoiling her -- enjoy cuddling with her while she's little and will sit still :)
Post a Comment