Sunday, September 20, 2009

Long haired dogs & hardwoods: not a good combination!

I'm SO tired of sweeping up dog hair! I told Dan earlier that either our next house won't have hardwood floors OR our next dog won't be a shedding breed! I REALLY wish Shelby didn't shed. Hopefully this is just a bad time of year for shedding and once it gets cold she'll stop? I have a daily routine now of brushing her and then sweeping... and then walking around and finding more hair....yeesh!

My mom came down to visit me this weekend and I really enjoyed having her company. Yesterday we cooked chicken fajitas and I made chocolate chip cookies! It was my first time ever to do them from scratch! I used my friend Julie's recipe and they turned out pretty good... not as awesome as hers always are, but still, pretty good. :)

I just finished my first week at my new job and I think it's going pretty well. I don't love dressing up every day but that's just the real world, right? I DO love getting off at 2 pm once a week... I love, love, LOVE that! I also met my neighbors this week and they are so sweet. They have 4 kids and they cut my grass yesterday and brought me dinner. I could get used to this kind of treatment! :) The wife is so nice... she asked if I cooked much and I told her no, I usually eat a sandwich for dinner. When she came over to bring me dinner she said "the baby doesn't want a sandwich tonight!" I offered to pay her for cutting the grass and she said no way and that her neighbors used to take care of her when her husband was in Iraq... so it's good to know she understands. Dan's parents are giving us a lawn mower and he is coming home October 10th so hopefully the grass won't need to be cut again until then. Owning a house is serious business! It's just a totally different feeling of responsibility. Yesterday I saw a mouse in my garage...... greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. I'm leaving the garage door open all day and praying he will go back outside where he belongs! I just can't wait till Dan gets home so he can worry about all that stuff. Only 2 1/2 more months!!!

That's all the news for now! I hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Maybe you should get one of those Roomba vacuums that will run during the day. (?) We have friends who enjoy theirs. Just a thought!

So glad you have sweet neighbors and that they're watching out for you. I wanted so much for us to be able to go back down and cut your grass. :( Hope to be see ya' soon!

Wilson said...

Hang in there, girl! I know you'll be glad when your honey is home!

Carrie said...

Oh, I understand the hardwood floor dilemma. Our floors are super dark, which I love, but that means EVERYTHING shows up on them. I used to sweep multiple times a day, but now I'm just resigned to dusty, hairy floors. Ha.