Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Holidays!

Well, I've been waiting to write this blog because I wanted to include the professional picture taken of Dan and I at the annual Dave Ramsey Christmas Party... but I'm tired of waiting for it so I'm writing anyway! Speaking of the Dave Ramsey Christmas Party... it was awesome!!! We walked away with great memories and a little, well... a lot, of extra folding money. :) We originially had planned to save the money but we decided just last weekend (very spontaneously) that we wanted a flat screen tv... which, by the way, is AMAZING! Just what we need... more reasons to spend too much time in front of that box that sucks you in.

Christmas was full of mixed emotions... I went home to be with my mom & Gommy (I didn't see them on Thanksgiving or last Christmas) and left my sweet hubby all by himself on Christmas day. Call me a bad wife if you want, I don't care. Okay... maybe I do care but I really wanted to be in Mississippi for Christmas this year! I missed him so much that I came home a day early to be here and it definitely felt good to be back in my own apartment. My cousin (twice removed) Stacy and my Uncle joined us for Christmas which was really nice! Stacy is quite possibly the most interesting person in my whole family (besides myself of course). He lives in France and makes his living singing and playing piano on a norweigan cruise lines ship all year long! Christmas Eve was really neat because he got on Gommy's piano and sang a few Christmas songs. See my pretty Christmas tree below that my mother in law helped me decorate after Thanksgiving.
My company gave us a total of 5 days off this year for Christmas and New Years so we got to go ring in the new year at Nick & Julie's house with some other people from Lampo. Thanks for the get together Julie! :) See pics below!













I'll finish up this post by telling everyone that we're thinking about moving into a townhome in bellevue! It is actually an apartment complex with a townhome floor plan. They're only a little more than what we're paying now and they're MUCH nicer! They are upstairs and downstairs and have a great gym and fenced in dog park for Shelby. See the floor plans by clicking this link: http://www.865bellevue.com/community/floorplan.do?lid=en_US&pid=1625. The one we're looking at is on the 2 bedroom tab and it is the The Parthenon down at the bottom of that page. Look how huge the closets are!!!!!! :) :) :)

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday (minus being away from Dan!). I will definitely be in touch about a bible study sometime here soon... probably through email with a group of other ladies. What's your e-mail address?

Carrie said...

Your Christmas tree was so pretty. :) The townhome looks awesome! Next time you're around here and have some free time, you should let me know and we can get together!